WE ARE BACK!!
As restrictions lift progressively in QLD we have been able to re-open our Movement Studio earlier than anticipated. There are however some strict rules that we have needed to put in place to keep everyone safe while they teach and practice.
Here is how is works in the Movement Studio now:
- Classes are limited to 19 students maximum – this is NOT NEGOTIABLE – so bookings are essential – but if you are not in the studio by the class start time your place will be given to any waiting students
- We have a mat position chart that all students must adhere to in order to keep an acceptable distance from other students
- Not hire mats, blocks or bolsters are able to be provided
- A mat and towel is required in order to practice with us – NO-ONE will be admitted to the studio without the right equipment
- Hand sanitiser is available in the room and in the reception area
- Change room access is currently open but subject to seperate restrictions according to the Parkwood Precinct Management (note: access can vary at any time) – students are not permitted to use the staff facilities onsite
- The timetable will expand inrelation to both demand and availability of teaching staff
- Members who had an active pass at the point of closure (March 23rd 2020) can reactivate their pass at the old rate and have two months added to the duration of the pass, so long as this is done by June 30th 2020. If a pass is not renewed by 30th June 2020 or when the pass expires a new contact at the regular weekly rate can be purchased at that time.
All the Yoga, Hot Yoga and Pilates your can do for just $30 per week!
YOGA CLASSES AT MADISON – OPEN 7 DAYS
|Power Flow||Modern Bikram|
|Roll & Release||Vinyasa Flow|
Experience the Best on the Gold Coast
Welcome to your wellness journey with Madison Healthstyle. We are an experienced and diverse team of teachers. More importantly, we are a group of like-minded souls, ready to support you to make the health & fitness changes you’ve always dreamed of- to create the wellness lifestyle you deserve.
Yoga, Hot Yoga and Pilates Class Timetable
Modern Bikram practice that moves safely but swiftly through 26 traditional postures and 2 breathing exercises- with juicy heat to detox your system and pace to challenge your fitness. Music, surprise double sets and modified sequences to keep your mind and practice fresh! Suitable for all levels, no experience needed. TIP: Starting with the regular Transform class first!
We’ve turned up the tunes, added a little heat and created a full-body Pilates super-class! Commence with stretches to shift your energy, then a safe but strong total body blitz to sculpt the abs, butt, thighs – the usual suspects! Pilates builds strength, improves stability, balance, endurance, coordination, mobility and more – it really is Powerful! Suitable for all levels, no experience needed.
Same great postures as Power Pilates, but with a bit less intensity, and little less heat – same great burn! Pilates builds strength, improves stability, balance, endurance, coordination, mobility and more! Suitable for all levels, no experience needed.
Dive in and get your sweat on with our most challenging Vinyasa flow class: fun, music-driven movement, strong breathwork and juicy heat to put the Woah in your Warrior! Dynamic and energising, this class is a huge fav with all our members! Suitable for all levels, no experience needed. TIP: Perhaps try the Glow class or Rise&Shine class first!
Fill your cup with indulgent practice to revive all your senses, reset your nervous system and create much needed space in your body. The class begins warm, the flow is easy and harmonising, and concludes with deep restorative practice, enhanced with essential oil aromatherapy. Suitable for all levels, no experience needed.
A fusion of traditional hatha postures, with a focus on power, strength and a calm mind. Work hard through standing sequences, then seal the practice with balancing yin postures, perhaps a relaxing meditation. Suitable for all levels. TIP: Honour your body & experience level always, and use the teachers’ modifications if you are new to hot yoga!
Experience the subtle art of letting go in this non-heated, floor-based Yin class. Suitable for all levels, expect only 5-10 postures per class, with longer hold times creating opportunities for meditation, gentle decompression of the joints and emotional release. Class uses ambient heat and focuses on balancing the meridians of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Suitable for all levels, no experience needed.
Honour your body back to balanced mobility and wellness with this ‘roll & release’ class. Using gravity, blocks, straps, and balls our experienced teacher will guide your body through slow postures to release joint and muscle tension, realign joints and release fascia tightness. Suitable for all levels, no experience needed.
In this fun class we use flowing Vinyasa movement to create ‘tapas’ – ‘belly warmth’ to move energy through our bodies. Experience vitality, learn new poses and balances, have a laugh, and enjoy tunes from India, Asia and beyond. Your teacher closes this beautiful practice with a oneness Deeksha ‘transfer of divine grace’ or some Reiki to truly leave you glowing. Suitable for all levels, no experience needed.
The perfect combo class when you need an ‘all-in-one’ wellness workout! We start on floor, awaking the spine and energy centres of the body, then drive through the first part of the class with traditional Vinyasa flow movement, creating ‘agni fire’- natural body warmth through movement. Hit the floor to yin out & de-stress. Balanced flow & yin practice? Done! Suitable for all levels, no experience needed.
From gentle floor stretches we raise energy from the lower chakras and draw warmth into the core of the body. Move through dynamic flow and balances before hitting the floor for strengthening work. We close our practise with traditional skull-shining breath to embark on your way with clarity and zest. Suitable for all levels, no experience needed.
Our silent Bikram class- nothing but you, the mirror, minimal cueing and ambient acoustics like gongs or singling bowls. Bikram is a set of 26 yoga postures and 2 breathing exercises designed to unlock your joints, release and strengthen your spine, and improve mobility. With the sound down and the heat up, your practice becomes moving meditation. Suitable for clients who have completed 5-10 Transform 26 classes.
- Ambient Heat = room is warmed if needed, then heat turned off before class.
- Warm = gentle heat used during the class to aid movement.
- Heated = medium to strong heat to gain fitness, detox & achieve a great workout.
- Heated+ = strong heat to maximize results: detoxification, fitness, mental clarity & emotional release.
WE CAN ALSO HELP WITH
When you are suffering from an injury, pain or other health problem, the chiropractic care we provide could give you the relief and stability you are looking for and address the underlying cause.
Chiropractic care could be a good fit in your healthy lifestyle, and we could be a good fit for you.
People come to see us with issues like:
- Headaches/ Migraines/ TMJ pain
- Low back, mid back and neck pain
- Arthritis and pain related to movement
- Sciatica/ leg pain and arm pain
- Numbness/ tingling/ referred pain
- Tension/ nerve pain
- Old injuries and chronic problem
We assess first, develop an evidence informed treatment plan, then work with you all along the way with the goal of helping you get the best results possible for you.
Everyone is a unique individual, and your Personal Wellness Pathway is unique to you too.
We offer a range variety of massage therapies suited to your particular needs including remedial massage, relaxation massage, trigger point, dry needling, cupping between others.
Compression Therapy is the process of applying gentle compress and release motion to limbs to decrease inflammation, boost circulation and relieve pain through increased blood flow.
Yoga classes are held at our Parkwood location and offer four types of Yoga:
- Hot yoga
- Stretch Classes
- Silent Yoga
- Mobility Classes.
We specialise in a variety of mat group classes that offers affordable, safe and fun classes for all fitness levels.
- Digestive Disorders
- Weight Loss
- Functional Testing
- Detox Program
Parkwood is the place for Yoga & Pilates
Yoga and Pliates classes run from 6am to 7pm depending on the day and we are open 7 days a week! Some changes occur due to Public Holidays, Local Holidays and other reasons, so please check the timetable above for up-to-the-minute class times.